Teriyaki Style Chicken Rice Bowl
Yield: 16-lb. mix (about 1 gal., 3-1/2 qt.) + 30 lbs. rice
Serves: 60 4-oz. servings of mixture over 8 oz. rice = 12 oz. total portion
Approximate Cost Per Serving: $.45
Ingredients Weight Measure
Rice, Uncle Ben's Converted 10 lbs.
Water 20 lbs 5 qts.
Chicken, thigh meat, boneless, skinless trimmed, 4 lbs. cut 1/2" wide x 1-1/2"-2" strips
Vegetable oil 6 oz. 2/3 cup
Spanish onions, large diced 10 oz. 2-1/2 cups
Green onions, medium bias cut 10 oz. 2-1/2 cups
Garlic, minced 1/2 Tbsp.
Carrots, thin bias cut 2 lb., 6 oz. 2-1/2 qt.
Green bell peppers, large diced 2 lb., 6 oz. 2-1/2 qt.
Red bell peppers, large diced 2 lb., 6 oz. 2-1/2 qt.
Water chestnuts, canned, sliced, drained 1 lb. 1 qt.
Minor's Lime Ginger Sauce 4 lb., 8 oz. 1 jug
1. In a large cook pot or steam jacketed kettle, blend rice and water. Cook until all water is absorbed (about 25-30 minutes). Hold for service.
2. Preheat tilt braising pan to 400°F. Add oil and swirl around to coat cooking surface. Add onions and garlic, stirring until fragrant, approximately 5-10 seconds.
3. Add pork; stir and toss 1-1/2 to 2 minutes until pork is browned.
4. Add carrots, green peppers and red peppers; stir and toss 2-3 minutes until tender-crisp.
5. Add water chestnuts and Lime-Ginger Sauce; stir and toss 1-2 minutes until all ingredients are well coated with sauce and heated through. Hold hot for service.
6. Serve 8 oz. rice topped with 4 oz. of Stir Fry Mix. Garnish with toasted coconut or toasted peanut pieces if desired.
Camp Business recommends, at a minimum, that the cooking and handling instructions set forth in the Food Code of the U. S. Public Health Service of the Food and Drug Administration, Department of Health and Human Services, should be reviewed and followed with respect to your preparation of this recipe.